Job title: Systems Analyst – Java/.Net & DevOps
Job description: Company Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24×7 needs of the business:
- As a part of the team, Support critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation.
- The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such.
- The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Open Systems Operations group.
- Candidate must have expertise around software development and/or application support role, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices OR an Advanced master s degree. In addition to delivering technically, the candidate should be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal communication
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree or an Advanced master s Degree
- 4-8 years of experience with JAVA, J2EE applications and/or .NET Core/.Net applications
- 4-8 years of experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases
- 4-8 years of experience managing applications running on different middleware stack (IIS, .NET, Java TcServer, Jboss, Containers)
- Prior experience working in 24*7 environments
- Prior experience with building tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups
- Must poses exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
- Fluent with developing applications using Eclipse or similar IDE
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL DB and MSSQL DB
- Experience in OO design and design patterns
- Comfortable with working on both Windows and Linux environments
- Shell/Bash scripting or PowerShell fluency
- Experience with ISO 8583 messaging, ATM driving, or POS transactions
- Experience in creating automated unit testing using JUnit and practicing test driven development, and mocking framework
- Experience with build environment using Maven/Ant and continuous integration tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is desirable
- Experience with performance tuning and memory leak detection
- Experience with integrating with third-party Web Services
- Ability to adapt to shift work (off hours/weekend work)
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 22:30:27 GMT