Job title: Sr Principal Eng, Cybersecurity
Job description: This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
As Sr. Principal Engineer, own and direct the cybersecurity design and analysis of multiple medical devices. Resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input. Plan, lead, and deliver project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various cybersecurity engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria with minimal guidance.
Contributes to a cybersecurity vision that aligns with the organization’s vision and strategic plan. Utilizes solid understanding of device and system connectivity concepts in a medical device domain. Provides direction to technical team members that are accountable for implementing cybersecurity, integration, and connectivity deliverables. Exhibits creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create system requirements, architectures, risk analysis and other specifications that define the cybersecurity functionality of medical device systems both embedded and hosted.
· Create threat models of medical device systems and the interfaces between medical devices.
· Perform vulnerability scanning of medical device systems and analyze results.
· Monitor threat intelligence and analyze CWEs and CVEs that affect medical device systems and propose solutions.
· Collaborate with the cross functional team, primarily software, in the implementation of cybersecurity functionality.
· Contribute to external communications (bulletins, FAQs, etc.) related to cybersecurity.
· Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (Engineering, Risk Management, Compliance, Clinical, Human Factors, Regulatory, Marketing, Service).
· Ensure compliance to the product development process and Quality System and Design Control requirements.
· Work with regulators to ensure regional needs are met.
Qualifications for this role
· Experience with threat modeling, penetration testing, fuzz testing, vulnerability scanning, secure code analysis.
· Experience with cybersecurity related software such as Blackduck, Coverity, etc.
· Experience dealing with threat intelligence, CWEs and CVEs.
· Familiarity with cybersecurity related organizations and certifications such as UL (UL-2900), ICS-CERT, FIPS 140, etc.
· Experience with cybersecurity functionality on embedded systems and hosted software applications.
· Requires strong organization and communication skills, with the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
· Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
· Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives.
· Medical device experience a plus.
Education and Experience
BE /B Tech or ME /M Tech with 12 – 18 years of related experience.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:14:37 GMT