Job title: Sr Engineer I, SW
Job description: HARMANâs engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, youâll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at HARMAN? Check out the top
traits weâre looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, youâll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This position is an embedded software engineer within the CAR Audio division.Â Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products.Â Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing.Â Position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the development of amplifier products.Â Software development work will be mainly deeply embedded, written in C, occasionally additional testing or development tools may need to be developed on a PC. The underlying architecture on the microprocessor is based on AUTOSAR.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Â This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process. The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality.Â The engineer will be responsible for configuration and integration of software for an amplifier product(s). The engineer must be able to understand the requirements and be able to identify and develop CDDs with tooling from Vector (like Davinci Developer, Davinci Configurator) and other similar AUTOSAR stack.
- Develops CDD drivers for AUTOSAR application
- Understand the various features provided by AUTOSAR BSW modules (including MCAL modules) and configure the modules in Davinci Configurator or similar tools
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggerâs, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.Â
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved and that C1 coverage is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program supported by local SMEs
- Work with off-shore development and validation teams to support in the software development activity.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers supported by regional SME.
- Problem solving
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues.Â Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development.Â This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups..
- Bachelorâs degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of microcontroller embedded software development or testing.
- 6+ years of C or other structured language.
- 6+ years of AUTOSAR experience (developing CDDs, configuring BSW with Davinci configurator and Davinci Developer)
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, Ethernet, MOST, etc).
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with project schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
Â Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelor or Masterâs degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Experience writing network drivers and applications (CAN, MOST, AVC-LAN, Ethernet)
- Experience in developing or working with AUTOSAR MCAL/CDD development
- Experience with uC-OSII or other embedded RTOSÂ
- Experience with V850 micro controllers
- Experience with S32k micro controllers
- Experience with ARM based development
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Position is in Bengaluru, India
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:19:35 GMT