Job title: Specialist Enterprise Monitoring Engineering
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
We are currently looking for a talented, experienced, and passionate Full Stack Senior Developer within the Enterprise Monitoring Engineering team. The Enterprise Monitoring Engineering team is responsible for defining and engineering the monitoring strategy across the bank, covering all aspects of monitoring including infrastructure, networks, and applications. The desired candidate must have at least 10 years experience as a full stack developer with primary skill set of Microservices using Spring Boot and ReactJs.
The candidate will help drive our Global Enterprise Monitoring Transformation Program and Strategy across the bank by developing scalable and well defined interfaces for enabling users within the bank to adopt our Monitoring Application. The candidate will also build a user friendly UI.
- The candidate will have several years of experience working in a large organisation, preferably within the financial sector and will have demonstrated their ability to design, build and deliver projects on an Enterprise scale.
- The candidate will be responsible for building APIs and a user interface by ensuring that these meet both customer requirements and comply to internal policies and standards. Whilst part of a bigger team, the candidate would need to be self-sufficient and engage other teams to drive any projects forwards, keeping management informed of any blockers or delays at the appropriate time.
- The candidate would be expected to manage the end to end delivery, from capturing high level requirements from our customers, all the way through to handover of the finished solution to our production support team, working closely with other teams throughout to ensure there is a common view of the project.
People and Talent
- Although an individual contributor role, the candidate is expected to be a team player and engage and collaborate with the team.
- Ensure risks in deliveries are identified well on time and remedies identified.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- You would work closely with the different businesses & CIO teams from different domains, Applications, DevOps, Security, Governance, Legal and Compliance Teams to drive adoption of approved Group Standards across the bank.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Spring Boot
- Microservice Architecture
- Any NoSql database
- Agile Methodology, JIRA
- Spring Kafka
- CI/CD (Git, Jenkins)
Visit our careers website
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 04:54:42 GMT