Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job description: Job Number: 34911
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer IT Applications
Position: Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer in the data platform team within Informatica IT, you will be responsible for executing Informatica’s complex internal projects. You will be a technology-savvy IT professional who strives for excellence and be a self-starter, possess outstanding communication and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. You will mentor and lead data engineers to develop and productionize sophisticated data pipelines, while helping to scale a complex platform and grow the organization.
- Establish a high trust partnership between the data team, business functions, and other IT groups.
- Solution Design, Develop, Validate and Deliver projects by serving as the single point of contact before, during and after project engagements.
- Provide technical leadership to the team members and mentor them to achieve desired quality deliverables.
- Contribute on technical discussions, publish knowledgebase articles and serve as a go-to resource within the team for technical information.
- Provide regular reports to communicate project status both internally and with customers.
- Document and review requirements, review code, enhancements, operational activities, technical and specifications changes
- Support P0/P1 escalations to guide L2 support team
- Lead agile delivery, and together with aligned Scrum Masters and Product Owners, develop self-directed, innovative, and high performing agile teams.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
Desired Skills & Experience
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- 6+ years of experience with multiple Data Integration project implementations developing data lake, data warehouse and/or analytic solutions.
- Expert-level skills in Cloud Data Integration with IICS – Informatica Intelligent cloud services and/or PowerCenter
- Strong SQL , Python, Unix scripting skills and performance tuning capabilities.
- Strong Development and Problem-solving skills, ability to think about complex problems and come up with creative solutions
- Fundamental understanding of Cloud ecosystems like SFDC and Microsoft Azure would be preferable.
- Experience in data science, machine learning, and advanced analytic tools are added advantage.
- Experience leading development teams through re-platform or modernization efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you’ll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you’ll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at , , , and .
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:17:37 GMT