Job title: Senior Software Engineer – Backend
Job description: Summary
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be directly responsible for the experience our clients have on the platform by designing, building, and maintaining the server-side of Avoma. This is an exciting opportunity for those who are curious, diligent, and want to learn and develop their professional skills within a fast-growing start-up. As an early member of the team, we will work together to create the building blocks for our development strategy and set up the foundations and processes for future Software Engineers at Avoma.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in building the structure of a B2B SaaS application. We expect you to be a reliable professional, able to balance the needs of the product roadmap and the needs of the customers. Your overarching goal is to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone using Avoma.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership.In the last 12 months, we have seen 10x growth across all metrics, and we are looking for strong software engineers to scale up our platform.
What you will be doing in the role (Responsibilities)
- Develop features and improvements to the Avoma product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale environment.
- Conduct Code Review to ensure performance of our backend services
- Build RESTful APIs and features for UI application clients (including Web and Mobile)
- Deploy and integrate with machine learning models developed by the AI team
- Own and work the core data processing pipeline and video processing pipeline
- Third-party integrations – Calendar, CRM systems, Video Conferencing
- Search and analytics infrastructure
- DevOps and security
We use the Django framework to build our backend platform and React.js for our frontend application.
What you need to be successful in the role (Qualifications)
- At least 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a track record of delivering software with high business impact
- Significant professional experience with Python.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, and clean code
- B.S./B.E. in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
What sets you apart (Preferred Qualifications)
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence technologies and tools
What you get from Avoma (Benefits)
- A transparent salary structure
- Senior Salary Range: ₹3,100,000 – ₹3,750,000 Depending on Experience.
- 15 days of PTO annually on top of company holidays
- Work from Home
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Stock Options Program
Avoma is an intelligent meeting assistant for teams looking to automate some of the common tasks required for customer-focused meetings. We leverage NLP and machine learning to summarize meeting notes and extract key topics and action items discussed. All of this data automatically syncs back into their CRM. This helps to save end users time and focus on what matters most, their customer interactions.
We are a venture-funded early-stage startup, have 450+ paid customers, and are growing consistently month over month.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:07:39 GMT