Job title: Senior Software Engineer – Android, Java
Job description: A Moving Experience.
Primary Skills needed :
Android Application development – JAVA
Object oriented concepts
- Implement interfaces for different speech controlled applications.
- Design and develop Android based application for speech domain
- SW implementation , Bug fixing and feature development
- Customer interaction and requirement gathering
- Design, build, document and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Share the ownership of one or more major software components.
- Grooming and Mentoring Junior team members
- Participation in Agile – scrum meetings, retrospection , planning
- Identify defect and performance bottlenecks, and devise solution.
- Ideally 3 -8 years of Overall experience
- Relevant work experience in Android application/Framework development( Automotive Preferable)
- Experiences in Application development, Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Object oriented concepts
- Technical discussion, Requirement gathering, technical interaction among team.
- Mentoring Junior resources, support and training
- Experiences in automotive or similar
- Knowledge of GIT/SVN
- Knowledge of Linux, CI/CD, JIRA , confluence
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS:
- The candidate should be ok with working in Hybrid Mode. Its mandatory.
- The Job Location is Hinjewadi Phase 1.
- Early Joiners are most welcome.
- The candidate should be technically strong as the Company is Product Organization (Cerence, Inc.)
Cerence Inc. (Nasdaq: CRNC and ) is the global industry leader in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. Spun out from Nuance in October 2019, Cerence is a new, independent company that has quickly gained traction as a leader in the automotive voice assistant space, working with all of the world’s leading automakers – from Ford and Fiat Chrysler to Daimler, Audi and BMW to Geely and SAIC – to transform how a car feels, responds and learns. Its track record is built on more than 20 years of industry experience and leadership and more than 325 million cars on the road today across more than 70 languages.
As Cerence looks to the future and continues an ambitious growth agenda, we need someone to join the team and help build the future of voice and AI in cars. This is an exciting opportunity to join Cerence’s passionate, dedicated, global team and be a part of meaningful innovation in a rapidly growing industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cerence is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. Cerence Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All prospective and current Employees need to remain vigilant when it comes to executing security policies in the workplace. This includes:
– Following workplace security protocols and training programs to familiarize with the ways to maintain a safe workplace.
– Following security procedures to report any suspicious activity.
– Having respect for corporate security procedures to allow those procedures to be effective.
– Adhering to company’s compliance and regulations.
– Encouraging to follow a zero tolerance for workplace violence.
– Basic knowledge of information security and data privacy requirements (e.g., how to protect data & how to be handling this data).
– Demonstrative knowledge of information security through internal training programs.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:20:35 GMT