Job title: Senior Engineer (Android Framework)
Job description: A Moving Experience.
Primarily, the Senior Android framework developer shall extend Android Automotive framework to support automotive specific use cases for Infotainment, Telematics and other digital cockpit features.
- Understand the Android automotive framework and develop extension strategy per Google guidelines to prevent platform fragmentation.
- Extend Android Automotive framework to support automotive use cases by understanding the requirements and resolving gaps.
- Porting of Android applications in a hypervisor environment
- Setup test frameworks and support development of software according to the Automotive SPICE quality plans and process requirements.
- Debug and resolve complex technical issues.
- Minimum years of work experience: 5 – 8 years
- Strong experience in JAVA
- At least 2-years’ experience in modifying and extending Android framework components
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and German
- Positive “can-do” attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively
- Experience with embedded software development
- Expertise in AIDL, JNI, Java and C++
- Experience in Android based solutioning\
- Hypervisor, or virtualization experience Experience
- Expertise in Google test suites (CTS, VTS, ATS, STS etc.)
- Experience with using source control tools (Git/GitLab Repo, Gerrit, ADB, Android Studio and other tools necessary for Android development and Artifactory)
- Experiences in agile methods like SCRUM
- Experience with Unit Test Frameworks (Google Test and Jest)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Experiences with ASPICE
Additional skills good to have:
- Experience with Renesas/Qualcomm SOC experience
- Experience working on Automotive projection from phone including Android Auto, Carplay
- Experience with Carplay/Android Auto certificate test framework / requirement
- Experience in communication protocols (e.g., SPI, LIN, CAN, FR, ETH, Bluetooth, Wifi.) and SoC peripheral devices (e.g., EEPROM, Flash, etc.)
- Strong in Linux Kernel concepts like efficient multi-threading and resource-sharing, memory management, Spinlock, Completion, Network internal, interrupt management.
- Strong Linux kernel fundamentals, Linux internals
- Experience with Android Framework, Binder, Audio, Bluetooth, WiFi Android Architecture
- Strong build, debug and test skills
- Comfortable using hardware debug tools (DMM, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers) and software debug tools (GDB, KGDB, JTAG)
Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Cerence Inc. (Nasdaq: CRNC and ) is the global industry leader in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. Spun out from Nuance in October 2019, Cerence is a new, independent company that has quickly gained traction as a leader in the automotive voice assistant space, working with all of the world’s leading automakers – from Ford and Fiat Chrysler to Daimler, Audi and BMW to Geely and SAIC – to transform how a car feels, responds and learns. Its track record is built on more than 20 years of industry experience and leadership and more than 325 million cars on the road today across more than 70 languages.
As Cerence looks to the future and continues an ambitious growth agenda, we need someone to join the team and help build the future of voice and AI in cars. This is an exciting opportunity to join Cerence’s passionate, dedicated, global team and be a part of meaningful innovation in a rapidly growing industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cerence is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. Cerence Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All prospective and current Employees need to remain vigilant when it comes to executing security policies in the workplace. This includes:
– Following workplace security protocols and training programs to familiarize with the ways to maintain a safe workplace.
– Following security procedures to report any suspicious activity.
– Having respect for corporate security procedures to allow those procedures to be effective.
– Adhering to company’s compliance and regulations.
– Encouraging to follow a zero tolerance for workplace violence.
– Basic knowledge of information security and data privacy requirements (e.g., how to protect data & how to be handling this data).
– Demonstrative knowledge of information security through internal training programs.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:20:35 GMT