Job title: Product Manager – Data Asset & Sourcing
Job description: COMPANY
Janes enables militaries, governments, and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes is looking for a Product Manager to join the team at our Indian HQ in Bangalore. The Product Manager – Data Assets & Sourcing will be responsible for data assets, including content, structured defence and security data and sourcing for use by the analyst teams.
The purpose of the Product Manager (PM) is to ensure that Janes existing, and future products (Data sets, Solutions, and Delivery mechanisms) meet the customers’ and users’ needs in terms of knowledge and insight, and that they support their business process needs and objectives
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- The PM is responsible for the definition and ongoing management of the Data Assets and Sourcing at all stages of the product lifecycle including defining a product concept, roadmap, and requirements. This includes the exploitation and development of the Janes data model through a product lens and the prioritisation and management of Janes third party data ingestion processes to drive additional value and the deployment of AI and ML models such as Named Entity Recognition and Natural Language Generation.
- The PM designs and implements a comprehensive product strategy with an understanding of the user community. The PM manages trade-offs throughout the development process in conjunction with the content and data teams. The PM works across the organization to develop the product through product launch and managing the ongoing operations of the product post launch. The PM is responsible for defining user needs around data and content and will be expected to work with other internal stakeholders in the Partnership, Integration, Technology & Development and Research & Data and Analysis teams to prioritise new data assets.
- The PM will review on a regular basis their products’ adoption and customer satisfaction. The PM will work to define user requirements for new data assets and prioritise with internal stakeholders the integration of these data assets into the Janes data holdings. The PM will develop product plans to meet the needs of Janes users. Through continuous improvement product managers ensure product market fit for Janes products. They deliver the following
- Product definition and product roadmap
- Overall responsibility for Sourcing and implementation of new machine learning models to support the creation or improvement of data assets.
- Product Messaging in collaboration with product marketing
- Product readiness training for sales and support staff
- Work with key stakeholders (Marketing, Integration and Product Market team) on implementing a new User Engagement program for ongoing user centred design validation for products
- Lead the business in understanding the changing requirements of users in the key audience categories.
We believe Janes is truly a great place to work. Our values and leadership code drive everything we do, and we understand that the right behaviours and culture will always result in the best outcomes for our customers, our colleagues, our shareholders, and our business. We provide a supportive, stretching, and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly, both personally and professionally.
Janes is an inclusive and equal opportunities employer and encourages applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender.
Although this role is advertised as full time, Janes believes that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and regions and can support different ways of working and offer different flexible working arrangements. So, if you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this.
We will always consider part time or flexible applications.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:03:37 GMT