Job title: PHP – Senior Technology Lead (ECommerce)
Company: Trusted Media Brands
Job description: Location
We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Minnesota, London, and Gurgaon. We welcome you to work in any of our offices, but you also have the opportunity to work from home (i.e. the hybrid model).
is a leading global media company that reaches hundreds of millions of consumers via our dynamic portfolio of media properties. We offer best-in-class insights and data-driven marketing solutions that reach engaged communities across food, home, lifestyle and wellness content; and now following our August 2021 acquisition of Jukin Media, a leading digital entertainment company, we also engage audiences across the pets, humor, and active lifestyle verticals. In all we reach nearly 60 million people in the US, and we deliver more than two billion minutes of monthly video viewership across streaming TV and social media. See what’s new at and .
About the role
Engineering department at TMBI is looking for a PHP Senior Technology Lead.
PHP-Senior Technology Lead is expected to be the example of engineering excellence for all other engineers in the organization. The person in this role will need to have the experience and creativity to think through complex problems, create simple elegant solutions, and understand the complexities of running a production system. Senior Engineers are expected to contribute at a low level design and write code, unit tests and conduct POCs and be able to lead a project through from design to delivery when needed.
- You will be responsible for design and development of various projects. You will work closely with various stakeholders like QA (Quality Assurance) Team, PO (Product Owner) Team, PM (Project Management) Team, DEVOPS Team.
- You will also be managing a few team members.
- You will report to the Director of Engineering
- You are excited to solve technical problems and automate things around you
- You have good problem solving and analytical skills
- You are a learner who can learn the new tech and implement it
- You are good with writing POC and building prototypes
- You have an eye for quality code and best coding practices
- You are dependable and a responsible person
Your day to day (aka Responsibilities).
- You will collaborate with various stakeholders (PO/PM team) to ensure that the requirement is correctly stated and broken down
- You will estimate and commit to timelines of a project
- You will create design docs followed by development using the documented approach
- Execute designs that do not compromise on security or system stability
- You will write unit and integration tests for the written code
- You will troubleshoot PROD problems and provide a short/long term solution for them
- You will document the process/KT/how to docs to ensure standardization
- You will review code and ensure your team is writing production ready code
- You will release the code to production at the defined cadence
- You will participate in Sprint planning and grooming meetings
You have (aka Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in computer science
- 8+ years of experience in web application development using PHP related technologies
- 8+ years experience with SOLID and OO design patterns, Redis, Event based communication and surrounding cloud technologies (like GCP)
- 5+ years of experience in leading a team by example
- Good to have: worked in eCommerce and video domain
- Technical skills: PHP, REST API, MySQL etc
- Good to have: ReactJS and WordPress
- Worked in Agile model (ticket breakdown, backlog sprints, scrums, etc.)
About this team
- You will be part of the engineering team that is responsible to manage all the E-Commerce based platforms at TMBI
- This team supports 25% revenue generation for the organization
- Our team is spread across 4 time zones (India + US + Brazil + Mexico)
- We celebrate all our wins as a team. We are a tight knit team that relies on communication and collaboration
- We are transparent and a friendly team
We value our people and offer a collaborative and engaging culture. As a Trusted Media Brands employee, you will enjoy work/life balance, generous time off and comprehensive benefits and programs. Learn more about what life is like working at Trusted Media Brands at .
India specific benefits
- Comprehensive Time Off policies
- Health Insurance & Wellness Benefits
- Office with in-house kitchenette
Trusted Media Brands embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 06:57:38 GMT