Job title: Open edX Developer- Worldwide Remote
Company: Sowelo Consulting
Job description: Have you developed and deployed open edX based applications and platforms?
Have you got experience with Python?
If you’ve answered yes to both of those, we are looking for you.
You will participate in the installation and configuration of the Open edX platform onto local servers and databases. You will work on the client/server sides. It is a big Python/Django project. You will be working for one of the largest e-learning providers in Iraq. You will be responsible for development of core platform features, custom exercises and tools for specific courses, customizing and deploying instances.
Your tasks will include:
- Designing and development of course tools and functionality in the Open edX platform to create specific course functionality for learners and course administrators;
- Supporting the integration of video and audio-visual elements onto the platform;
- Providing documentation, support manuals and relevant training on the maintenance and functions of the platform, enabling non-technical staff to create and modify courses;
- Training of other staff on the operation and maintenance of the platforms;
- Designing and developing extra functionality for the Open edX platform including XBlocks;
- Customizing the UI/UX of Open edX as per customer requirements.
To be a good fit for the Open edX Developer, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience in working with Python web frameworks, specifically Django;
- 4+ years of hands on experience on Open edX framework (development of environment setup, Theming, Core customizations, Plugins/XBlock, REST APIs);
- Experience with Docker and Git
Nice to have:
- Experience with unit testing;
- Experience with SDLC and tools like Jira and Confluence
Keys to success: You have excellent communication and teamwork skills (including fluent English) with both technical and non-technical audiences. You are up to date with the latest technologies.
Our Client offers:
- Long term contract;
- B2B collaboration
Reasons to join:
You will be working on greenfield projects and will have an impact on the company’s core products development.
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV by applying on this page.
The provision of personal data by you is fully voluntary and the basis for their processing is your consent. We have prepared some necessary information, you can find in document: . There you will find how your Personal Data is being processed and what your rights are in connection to this.
The personal data will be processed by Sowelo Consulting spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością spółka komandytowa with its registered seat in Cracow (Limited Partnership) registered in National Court Register (KRS) under no. 0000680493, Sowelo Consulting spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością (LLC) with its registered seat in Cracow registered in National Court Register (KRS) under no. 0000671136, our (jointly referred to as the Company).
Sowelo Consulting sp. z o.o. sp. k. is entered in the register of employment agencies under the number: 17107
Powered by JazzHR
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 04:18:53 GMT