Job title: Network Technician
Company: GTT Communications
Job description: Compute, Tier 1 Network Technician
- Role Summary:
The Tier 1 Computing Engineer will provide first line technical support to GTT’s customers across an international base. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with a variety of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) portfolio of products and services, to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution/fulfilment of customer incidents/requests, which may range from straightforward to more complex technical requirements. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
Internal Departments they will interact with:
NMC, Tier 2, Tier 3, Carrier Management.
- Logging all relevant incident/service request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
- Providing first-line investigation and diagnosis using approved tools, systems and procedures.
- Resolving/fulfilling incidents/service requests that are in scope.
- Technical Escalations – escalating incidents/service requests that cannot be resolved/fulfilled within agreed timescales or are out of 1st Line scope, to the next level technical team which may include 3rd Parties or other non-Assurance functions.
- Engaging and arranging external technical and non-technical support where hands and eyes support are required on-site.
- Following-up with external technical and non-technical support organizations including 3rd parties until incident/request resolution/fulfilment.
- Managerial Escalations – escalating incidents/service requests that are at risk of failing or have failed agreed SLAs/OLAs, or that are out of scope, which may include 3rd Parties or internal roles (e.g. Service Manager, Account Manager).
- Keeping customers informed of progress.
- Owning incidents/requests from ticket creation to resolution/fulfilment/closure.
- Closing all resolved/fulfilled incidents/requests and other queries.
- Communication with customers – keeping them informed of incident/request progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Ensure the Configuration Management System (CMS) is maintained/updated.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer service during any engagements with Customers/3rd Parties/Internal Teams.
- Ensure communication at all times is clear, concise, meaningful, professional and efficient.
- Provide feedback to appropriate Line Manager on how the NMC.Hosting/Tier 1 and supporting functions can improve.
- Identify need for Problem Management for reoccurring Incidents/Events.
- Understanding of and familiarity with Customers’ services and solutions.
- Compliance with Service Operations processes (Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Change Management, and Problem Management) and associated metrics (SLAs/OLAs/KPIs/other metrics).
- Actively participate as required in meetings (customer, 3rd party, internal).
- Conducting customer satisfaction call backs/surveys as agreed.
- Coach/guide Junior staff and new starters.
- Act as delegate for Senior staff.
- Act as technical escalation gate for Junior staff.
- Higher First Line Fix/Right First Time than Junior staff.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- MS Office – Intermediate (must).
- Awareness of ITSM tools (e.g. Siebel, Remedy, ServiceNow, Clarify, HEAT) (must).
- Experience in Help Desk/Service Desk/Technical Support/IT (desirable).
- Experience working in a multi-cultural/international environment (desirable).
- Experience in fault diagnosis/troubleshooting and fulfilling requests (desirable).
- General ICT industry understanding (must).
- Awareness and understanding of process framework(s) – ITIL Foundation/ITIL Operations (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and OSI layering (OSI model).
- Knowledge of the Internet, Internet technologies that include: PCs, TCP/IP (must).
- Proficient in PC/Windows environment (must).
- Knowledge of at least 2 of the following:
- Windows (various flavours)
- Linux (Redhat), other Linux version experience considered an advantage
- Virtual platforms (Vmware, KVM or XEN)
- IP Networking
- Security Products (Cisco, Checkpoint, PaloAlto)
- Hosting hardware, servers and blades (HP and Dell)
- Symantec Netbackup
- Storage Solutions (NetApp, 3PAR, EMC or Equalogic)
- Microsoft SCOM, SNMP, SCOM Connectors and Connector Framework
- Basic technical understanding of normal ISP services, such a DNS, Email, shared hosting, remote access, web-portals, etc.
- English – fluent (mandatory).
- Knowledge and understanding of SD WAN and components.
- Awareness and understanding of Unified Conferencing products (Video, Skype for Business, Exchange, Office365).
- Awareness and understanding of Hosting (Windows, Linux, Storage, Backup, Vmware) and Security products.
- DNS management.
Other Similar Job Functions:
- Service Desk
- 1st Line Support
- Technical Support
- BSc/BA Degree in ICT/Telecommunications/Business Administration or similar discipline (either complete or in-progress) (must).
- CCENT knowledge, Network+ or equivalent (complete or in-progress) (must).
- ITIL Foundation (desirable).
Shift work – 24*7
Job Location: Pune, India
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 04:10:38 GMT