Job title: Manager FP&A
Job description: Job Summary POSITION PROFILE: (Basic Purpose of Position)
Pune (India) Avantor Business Center (ABC) Financial Planning & Analysis team partners with Avantor leadership teams in driving the Avantor Key Strategic Business Priorities. ABC FP&A team enables Avantor leadership team in effective decision making by providing timely, accurate and actionable insights globally for all the markets, Regions, businesses, and functions.
Regional FP&A Manager is part of ABC Pune FP&A leadership team and partners with global leaders (both operations & finance) of the organization to drive various priorities such as IOP, Forecast, and month end performance analysis and dealing with various functional areas of finance such as Revenue, Cost, Working Capital & Capex etc.
The FP&A manager leads a team of professionals, having accountability to deliver defined Service Line Agreements (SLA) for the team and also responsible for management and development of their respective Finance organizations. FP&A manager drives lean culture and create global impact through change projects that drive automation, standardization, digitization, and analytics. FP&A manager Works on highly complex assignments with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
The position reports to Director-Financial Planning & Analysis at Avantor Business Center (ABC) Pune and will have matrix alignment with onshore business partners.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
Global Business Partnering
- Business Partner for Onshore Finance/Operations regional leadership team, member of Pune FP&A leadership team.
- Proactively Align with x functional Leadership teams in assessing their needs/challenges, translating that into action items for Pune PF&A team on the process for potential solutions, having regular conversations with stakeholders on course correction & re-prioritization, addressing escalations within reasonable time frame.
- Contribute for the overall success of Pune FP&A COE by engaging in leadership initiatives. Owning & driving assigned Pune FP&A COE KPI’s across the teams. Driving one Avantor Pune FP&A team culture in meeting the business requirements.
- Partnering with regional leadership teams (US, Europe & AMEA) in building the yearly plans, quarterly forecasts & ensuring smooth month end closures.
- Educating the business partners proactively on potential threats (beyond Plan/FCST). Exploring & suggesting on the revenue increase, cost saving/Margin expansion opportunities.
Driving Business Priorities/ Results
- Support regional/segment/country leaders by developing CoE models and process champions by functional areas within Pune FP&A team.
- Driving the revenue analytics such as Price Volume Mix Analysis & Customer Pass Through Analysis, Gap Analysis, lost business analysis etc .
- Ensuring all the accurate costs are charged to respective function/department cost centers and eliminate non market driven surprises (Double payments/wrong payments) before the month end by analyzing the cost frequently.
- Enable Pune FP&A team to deliver Month End Performance Review decks for Leadership with actionable insights and drivers behind the variances.
- Driving Centralized Working Capital & Capex budgeting models by collaborating with various finance/accounting & operations teams. Regular Business Partnering with project managers to observe the changing business priorities and placing proactive controls & measures in tracking the progress of Capital Projects.
- Continuous assessment of the existing process and Identifying and Adopting the best practices across the regions.
- Offering extended Support in business specific/global level special projects.
- SLA/KPI Management: Accountable for Pune FP&A Team member’s SLA/KPI Targets. Own the targets cascaded, driving & ensuring that the team is able to meet the individual targets in terms of Quality & Delivery, Automation, Standardization and Documentation.
- Ad-hoc Support to the Functions/ Regions/ BU with relevant & useful financial information and facilitate/contribute for effective decision-making process.
- Managing Transitions: Process study, Due diligence, Planning, monitoring & Tracking the progress, ensuring successful Go-Live by facilitating a seamless transition.
- Drive Analytics Culture in Pune FP&A Team. Provide Decision support and highlight potential Improvement Areas & Opportunities of the business.
- Transform business/financial processes. Drive continuous improvements and add value to the process through Harmonizing, Simplifying, Standardizing, de-commissioning & automating the activities/reports.
- Adopt The Best Practices – Identify & Adopt the best practices from other businesses/teams.
- Implement ABS Practices, Reflect ICARE values in Pune FP&A team’s deliverables.
- Ensuring Business Continuity by having updated Process Documentations, Knowledge Transfers, Cross Trainings & backups etc.
- Recruiting the right talent by partnering with onshore stakeholders & HR Talent Acquisition teams.
- Role Allocation, Process On-Boarding & training, setting the goals & objectives for the team members.
- Skill Set Gap Analysis of the team & Capability Building through necessary trainings, Feedbacks for Team member’s continuous Improvements.
- Reward & Recognitions, Handling appraisals (PMP), Career aspirations/Planning discussions, Placing Early Warning Systems and taking necessary actions for the potential attritions and Succession planning etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance. CA/ICWAI/CPA/MBA Finance from reputed universities.
- 10+ years of experience in Finance preferably in FP&A from MNC’s Captive Finance Shared Services Organizations/Global Centers.
- Should have independently managed FP&A responsibilities mainly in revenue planning of the MNC organizations.
- Proven track record of cost savings in the COGS, Selling, General & Administrative cost of the MNC’s.
- Minimum 5-8 years of People Management Experience with a track record of Recruiting/developing Talent, Skill Set Gap Analysis & Capability Building, Feedbacks for Team member’s continuous Improvements, Reward & Recognitions, Handling Appraisals, Succession planning etc..
- Prior experience in Working with Pharma companies preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean training preferred, but not mandatory.
- A candidate with working knowledge of the wide-ranging aspects of the finance such as FP&A, Accounting, Integrated Supply Chain & Costing is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Transformation mindset – Open to accept, adopt, absorb the change in way of working, structure and Content.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders. Ability to work with executives, managers, and stakeholders from various regions/functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical skills; demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to manage multiple priorities of the leadership in a highly dynamic & fast paced environment.
- Computer Proficiency with MS Office, Tableau, Alteryx/ QlikView/ Power BI, SAP & HFM.
- Strong affinity with LEAN processes and tools.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical skills
- Independent, self-starter, highly motivated
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We recognize the value of diverse workforce and aim to create employment opportunities such that all employees achieve their full potential and work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, caste, color, religious creed, ethnicity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by central, national, provincial or local laws.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 05:12:40 GMT