Job title: Logistics Export Lead
Job description: Terviva India Pvt Limited
Position: Logistics Export Lead
JOB Band: Associate I
Location: Mumbai, India.
CTC – Rs.800000-100000/-
Reports to: Logistics Head
Job Type: Full-Time
Headquartered in Alameda, CA, Terviva is a growth-stage company aiming to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people. We are transforming food and agriculture by partnering with farmers to sustainably cultivate and harvest the crop of an ancient Asian legume tree called pongamia. Our unique technology allows us to manufacture and sell carbon negative vegetable oil and protein from the pongamia tree. Pongamia differs from other oil and protein crops in both its sustainability and in its significantly higher yield per acre.
Learn more at
About the role
This position works directly with the Logistics Head on managing toll operations, warehousing, & logistics for Terviva
We are looking for a candidate with a post graduate degree with an experience in managing Toll operations & warehousing operations who is willing to learn and grow with an expanding Supply Chain team as it scales the team’s capability to support the business growth in supporting the Purchase and Sales functions by contributing to the expansion of the logistics foot print. The candidate will be involved in taking care of the toll operations, warehouse management and transportation.
The responsibilities include focus on day to day seed crushing operations, warehouse management & logistics activities. Liaison with the toll owners, QC/QA teams, 3PL service providers and transporters. Additionally, excellent interpersonal skills are needed for interfacing with management and other members of the Terviva team
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading day to day plant operations, local warehouses & extended warehouses including warehouse hygiene, FIFO management, receipts, storage and dispatches.
- Co-ordination with 3PLs, procurement teams for selection & set up of Local, extended Warehouses along with the tolling locations.
- Providing the production plan to tolling locations & ensuring the output is being monitored and send the materials to lab for testing.
- Month end Material reconciliation of Oil, seeds & meals.
- BOM efficiency checking and timely BOM review.
- Maintenance and upgradation of QA standards, Quality release & Quality Driving Food Safety and Quality Cultural Drive.
- Implementation of GMP, FSSC 22000, HACCP, Sanitation, pest control program if required
- Conducting periodic internal audits of the plant with respect to product quality and safety
- Work towards making the plant operations power efficient.
- Driving different cost saving projects for delivering yearly savings against the budget
- Driving various continuous improvement projects.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the field of Toll Operations, warehousing and transport management
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Highly detailed‐oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy in a fast‐paced environment.
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Self‐starter with excellent problem solving skills and the commitment to follow‐through.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in startups and/or Agtech/food companies.
- Experience in handling Liquid cargo
Trusted, demonstrates honesty & integrity
Results-focused – Proactive-Takes the initiative
Ability to deliver innovative, creative solutions
Dynamic – relentless in pursuit of KPI delivery, acting with pace and urgency
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Potential 10% annual bonus
- Medical and insurance coverage
- Generous leave package
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and so we need employees to be flexible about their Roles, Responsibilities and flexibility in place of working.
Working at Terviva offers you:
Hybrid work model that supports a blend of in-office & remote Five day work week
Potential Global Exposure
Autonomy to work
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
- Remote interview process will be followed.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided according to current safety guidelines
- Temperature screenings will be required for all in-person interviews
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
- Terviva requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before reporting for work.
- To apply, please respond to the company position below.
- Please include your resume and a great cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, disability or handicap (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our executive team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Expected salary: Rs.800000 – 1000000 per year
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:07:39 GMT