Job title: Lead : Social Impact (Associate l)
Job description: Terviva India Pvt Limited
Position: Lead : Social Impact (Associate l)
Preference: Female Candidates
JOB Band: Associate I
CTC – INR 800000-1000000/-
Reports to: Manager – Social Impact
Job Type: Full-Time
Headquartered in Alameda, CA, Terviva is a growth-stage company aiming to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people. We are transforming food and agriculture by partnering with farmers to sustainably cultivate and harvest the crop of an ancient Asian legume tree called pongamia. Our unique technology allows us to manufacture and sell carbon negative vegetable oil and protein from the pongamia tree. Pongamia differs from other oil and protein crops in both its sustainability and in its significantly higher yield per acre.
Learn more at
About the role
Report to the Manager – Social Impact and provide project management support for all the social impact & sustainability initiatives.
We are seeking a associate level professional (1-4 years of post-MBA experience) to facilitate execution and ownership of Terviva’s Social Impact Strategy in the assigned area by driving and managing key projects such as community engagement and investment (tribal & rural communities across multiple states in India), regenerative agriculture, and increased financial inclusion for women. Terviva sources Karanja beans from forest areas. This work is carried out by tribal communities and primarily by women. We source a majority of our beans directly from these tribal and rural communities and work to ensure that all individuals receive fair compensation. This provides Terviva access and opportunity to generate positive impacts in these communities largely through improving livelihoods. The role will provide an individual with broad exposure to the various business departments and operational
areas at Terviva and also provide an opportunity to make a positive impact on tribal communities through our extension and sourcing operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for executing, and reporting on Terviva’s social impact programs for tribal and ruralcollectors across India.
- Work in collaboration with Terviva Procurement Team to drive regenerative agriculture,agroforestry, climate smart agriculture, carbon sequestration, and afforestation projects in India.
- Support the development of impact plans and financial models in the coverage area.
- Guide the sourcing team in maximizing impact activities in the coverage area in line with SDG goals.
- Identify key actors & collaboration partners like NGOs, corporates, SHG, and KVKs to understandlocal cropping systems, agriculture practices, soil health, agricultural information dissemination networks and associated challenges tribal communities face towards realizing optimum income.
- Communicate findings to Terviva India Team that influence decision-making and businessoutcomes from a Sustainability & amp; Impact perspective.
- Support project managers with robust analytics on long term planning projects and ad hoc requests for Sustainability & Impact projects
- Manage key external stakeholder relationships with government organizations, NGOs etc. in the impact & sustainability space.
- Provide field level information to research staff for writing, analysis, and production of knowledge products (reports, policy briefs) that encapsulate action research findings.
- 1-4 years of program implementation experience, out of which minimum one year should be related to agriculture and rural development.
- MBA work experience and/or masters in Rural Development/Forest/Social work preferably from IRMA/IIFM/TISS.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas minimum 15 days in a month to supervise impact activities is essential.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Experience with agri-extension, tribal welfare, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, etc. will be helpful
- Experience in CSR, Sustainability, ESG, Impact Assessment will be valuable.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team. Field research experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills of engaging in participatory approaches for analyzing local context to generate context specific solutions.
- Demonstrably excellent project and process management skills.
- Experience with internal and external stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize work volume while being responsive regarding turnaround times.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Nice to Haves
- Experience in SRLM/NGO/CSR
- Experience in Data Management and Analysis
- Experience in Climate change focussed interventions
Trusted, demonstrates honesty & integrity
Results-focused – Proactive-Takes the initiative
Ability to deliver innovative, creative solutions
Dynamic – relentless in pursuit of KPI delivery, acting with pace and urgency
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Potential 10% annual bonus
- Medical and insurance coverage
- Generous leave package
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and so we need employees to be flexible about their Roles, Responsibilities and flexibility in place of working.
Working at Terviva offers you:
Potential Global Exposure
Autonomy to work
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
- Remote interview process will be followed.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided according to current safety guidelines
- Temperature screenings will be required for all in-person interviews
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
- Terviva requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before reporting for work.
- To apply, please respond to the company position below.
- Please include your resume and a great cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, disability or handicap (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our executive team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Expected salary: Rs.800000 – 1000000 per year
Location: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:07:39 GMT