Job title: Full Stack Software Developer-Blue Planet
Job description: Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to make it a reality with remote work and potentially, part-time work.
- We believe an inclusive, diverse and barrier-free work environment makes for empowered and committed employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families and also offer a variety of paid family leave programs.
- We are committed to employee development, offering tuition reimbursement and a variety of in-house learning and mentorship opportunities.
- We know that financial security is important. We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs, RSU’s (job level specific) and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is non-negotiable. We offer flexible paid time off!
- Great work deserves recognition. We have a robust recognition program, with ongoing and enhanced awards for exemplary performance.
How You Will Contribute:
Blue Planet , the software division of Ciena, provides best-in-class intelligent automation software and niche professional services to help clients modernize their IT and network operations. Driven by policy and AI-based insights, Blue Planet delivers the closed-loop automation tools needed to align IT and networking processes—critical to facilitating digital transformation and an adaptive network.
We are looking for Full Stack Developers who are prepared to shape the future of all UIs/Backend company products used by customers around the world and working in a highly professional team of product developers. The team’s focus is on high quality, high reusability, and high customizability of UI/Backend components.
- Design, development, unit testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products
- Implementing according to product plans and priorities.
- Ability to work independently with good technical interpersonal skills to collaborate both in the team and outside the team.
- Crafting / Extending UI generic reusable and configurable/customizable components like grids and reports using in-house core product modules as well as looking at applicable standard methodologies outside the company
- Crafting / Extending Rest APIs in Java/J2EE with Spring MVC
- Writing queries, procedures on databases primarily Neo4j, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Learning the existing code, coding and documentation standards and extending the core product components without breaking backwards compatibility and with adhering to coding/documentation standards.
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
Bachelors/Master’s in computer science with 4+ years proven experience in software development
Frontend frameworks/libraries: Angular 8+, Node.js/npm
Backend languages: Java 11+/J2EE
Backend frameworks/libraries: maven, Spring framework
Programming theory: algorithms and data structures
Programming theory: relational and graph database concepts
Preferred Domain: Telecom, OSS
Frontend frameworks/libraries: gulp
DB: Neo4j (graph DB)
Other Skills: Elasticsearch, SDLC
- Work on state of the art generic and reusable UI component framework integrated into multi-product multi-UI microservices framework.
- Be part of global forward-looking product engineering group.
- Shape the future of UI development that will enable BluePlanet product development teams, as well as Blue Planet Professional Services and partners to create consistent in user experience UIs.
Collaboration With Other Teams
- Work in a distributed team environment
- Attend status calls with collaborators as needed
- Work closely with the product teams – both your own and those that use the product of team’s work
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:06:38 GMT