Job title: Data Engineer
Job description: Job Summary
Rubrik’s data platform for Analytics is powered primarily by Snowflake DB at the backend and Tableau as
front end reporting. The platform caters to data storage and analytical needs across the organization from
Engineering, Customer Support, Product Management to Sales, Finance, Marketing, HR and other
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer with Snowflake & Tableau experience to join our growing team
of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data, building data
models, building Tableau visuals and dashboards with a lot of learning on various functional domains
such as Sales, Marketing, Operations & Support. The engineer will support data initiatives and will ensure
optimal data delivery is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and
comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Work with business users and create functional requirement documents & translate in technicalspecifications
● Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
● Create and maintain optimal data pipeline through ETL tools, Python scripting etc.,
● Build dimensional models, historical snapshots, KPI’s
● Build data models, ETL’s, Tableau dashboards & reports, standard data sources using tableau desktop tool
● Mastering and enrichment of products, customers, prospects and hierarchies
● At least 5-6 years of experience in DW & BI reporting using various tools & technologies
● Strong reporting skills with Tableau desktop, Tableau Online
● Strong SQL skills, experience with Snowflake DB, functions, procedures
● Expertise in real time data warehouse model design, star & snowflake modeling, Slowly changing dimensions, snapshotting etc.,
● Strong functional knowledge in one or more domains especially with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Product & Pricing, HR & Customer Support
● Experience with MDM tools such as Riversand
● Experience with Shell scripting, Python scripting & API framework is a plus
● Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Agile methodologies & other productivity tools
● Experience with CI/CD DevOps including using tools such as: GitHub, Jira
● Experience working directly with product owners and business partners
● Comfortable with ambiguity and effective with minimal guidance
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are , have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
| | | |
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik’s goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 04:14:05 GMT