Job title: Cerence Quality Manager / Process Engineer Level
Job description: A Moving Experience.
- Plan and execute project reviews and assessments
- Monitor and optimize SW development processes
- Manage the Quality Plan for customer’s automotive projects
- Support the Project Managers in answering quality related customer inquiries and in estimating / planning of all quality control activities
- Manage a backlog of JIRA quality related initiatives
- Develop and monitor the check lists for performing the actual sign off for deliveries effectuated in the project
- Maintain and report on project metrics, including maturity according to ASPICE™, TISAX or other certifications as required.
- Maintain documentation related to Quality Management initiatives, and according to document management process
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for
- Deep knowledge of quality management with 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- ASPICE Intacs-Assessor (certified or certification in progress)
- Strong knowledge of Automotive standards (ISO 9001, TISAX, ASPICE, CMMI or similar)
- Knowledge of general SW development processes such as Project Management, Requirements Management, SW Engineering, SW Testing
- Knowledge SW Engineering methods such as Waterfall, V Model, agile or similar
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence
- “Can-do” attitude, problem solving, collaboration, organization and planning skills
- Focus on achieving results cost-effectively
- Willingness to handle occasional peak demands and infrequent travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
Also Useful Are
- Agile SW development frameworks (SCRUM, KANBAN)
- Experience in the automotive industry
Education And Experience
A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering and minimum 2 years relevant experience
OR Master’s Degree courses in project management / quality management together with internships could also be interesting
Cerence Inc. (Nasdaq: CRNC and ) is the global industry leader in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. Spun out from Nuance in October 2019, Cerence is a new, independent company that has quickly gained traction as a leader in the automotive voice assistant space, working with all of the world’s leading automakers – from Ford and Fiat Chrysler to Daimler, Audi and BMW to Geely and SAIC – to transform how a car feels, responds and learns. Its track record is built on more than 20 years of industry experience and leadership and more than 325 million cars on the road today across more than 70 languages.
As Cerence looks to the future and continues an ambitious growth agenda, we need someone to join the team and help build the future of voice and AI in cars. This is an exciting opportunity to join Cerence’s passionate, dedicated, global team and be a part of meaningful innovation in a rapidly growing industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cerence is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. Cerence Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All prospective and current Employees need to remain vigilant when it comes to executing security policies in the workplace. This includes:
– Following workplace security protocols and training programs to familiarize with the ways to maintain a safe workplace.
– Following security procedures to report any suspicious activity.
– Having respect for corporate security procedures to allow those procedures to be effective.
– Adhering to company’s compliance and regulations.
– Encouraging to follow a zero tolerance for workplace violence.
– Basic knowledge of information security and data privacy requirements (e.g., how to protect data & how to be handling this data).
– Demonstrative knowledge of information security through internal training programs.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:20:35 GMT