Job title: Android Software Engineer Intern
Company: Branch International
Job description: Branch Overview
Imagine a world where every person has improved access to financial services. People could start new businesses, pay for their children’s education, cover their emergency medical bills – the possibilities to improve life are endless.
Branch is a global technology company revolutionizing financial access for millions of underserved banking customers today across Africa and India. By leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones, machine learning and other technology, Branch is pioneering new ways to improve access and value for those overlooked by banks. From instant loans to market-leading investment yields, Branch offers a variety of products that help our customers be financially empowered.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the co-founders of Kiva.org and one of the earliest product leaders of PayPal. Branch has raised over $100 million from leading Silicon Valley investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and Visa.
With over 32 million downloads, Branch is one of the most popular finance apps in the world.
About the role
As a software engineering intern, you will work closely with experienced engineers at Branch and make significant contributions to our products and code base for 4-6 months. You will brainstorm, design, code, debug, and ship features serving our millions of customers while picking up skills necessary for your career.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Build out functionality for existing and new product lines and platforms such as Lending, Investments, Wallet, Payments, KYC, Customer lifecycle management, etc., for the Android platform.
- Integrate with various third-party systems, including payment systems, identity providers, and messaging platforms.
- Have some experience building native Android applications that are more than just toy projects. Applications with real users or an open-source project would be a great plus.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, Android SDK, and a strong understanding of app architecture.
- You should be able to use Android Studio, including the Android SDK, easily.
- Functioning knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Know your way through various flavors of Unix and commonly used command line utilities.
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream language, like Java or Kotlin.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator and communicator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world, and learning.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive internship package
- A collaborative, transparent and flat company culture
- Remote work
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Other benefits include; team meals, virtual social events and in person meet ups
- Opportunity to work and interact with a global team
We’re looking for more than just qualifications — if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria but identify with our vision of providing equal opportunity to everyone to access financial services, please do not hesitate to apply!
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR
Job date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 05:05:36 GMT